Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pa, Pa, Pants Man!

Back when I was a toddler, one of the local television stations used to screen cute cartoon community service announcements on the importance of vitamins, of eating a balanced diet, of personal hygiene, of not being a "ding-a-ling," and so on. What was missing from my education in those days, however, was a cartoon character teaching me how to use the toilet:



At least now I know I've been doing it correctly for the past thirty years. (But methinks Shimajiro could use more fibre in his diet. Cabbage never fails for me.) There's a squat toilet version also, but the English subtitles are, well, less "faithful" to the original Japanese, and given the audience of impressionable young students I've acquired of late, quite inappropriate.

No comments: