Wednesday, February 27, 2008

169

(That's the number of kanji characters Emma has memorised. Matt has not been nearly as diligent.)

Just a brief update on what we've been up to . . .

  • Making preparations for when our parents visit in about three weeks. (Yes, both sets are coming. No, they won't be here simultaneously.)
  • Being re-contracted as ALTs for a second year.
  • Introducing Kobe Takatsuka students to Australian slang. They are now familiar with the terms "dropkick," "bogan" and "goon." My English Speaking Society girls have also been apprised of what "Goon of Fortune" entails (and no--I didn't give them a demonstration. What you must think of me!)
  • Learning a new card game from Goran and Dan K that should keep us happy on long train journeys.
  • Not remembering a good portion of Saturday night's journey to Club Pure and karaoke in Osaka--which is probably for the best.


Now, for the necrophages among you, see if you can guess which extraterrestrial organism's brain this Japanese delicacy is made from:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am unfortunate enough to know what this delicacy is, but I won't spoilt it for the others...
Glad to hear Club Pure was as big a night as it should have been hahaha.

Anonymous said...

So when do we get to find out?

Anonymous said...

Hi!Matto sensei★
I'm a Takatsuka girl.

Emma is marvelous that she memorized to 169 characters kanji!!
How many kanjis do you memorize?
The class about the Australian slang was very pleasant!!
Good-bye(^^)/

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

How many kanjis do you memorize?

Ummm . . . you can probably count them on one hand. I'd learnt more back before the spring break, but since then I've been too busy, and I've forgotten many of the kanji I used to know. Hopefully I'll memorise them again this summer.

The class about the Australian slang was very pleasant!!

If you're a sannensei in my English Conversation class, I'm glad you enjoyed the lesson.

If you're a ninensei who I taught last year, and if you're a good girl and decide to take my English Conversation class next year, I'll probably be teaching Australian slang again.